Zucchini Fritters With Avocado Dip
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup of fresh oregano
- large zucchini
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 organic eggs or flax eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of vegenaise
- Salt to taste
Instructions – Fritter
- Grate zucchini with a large grater box. Put grated zucchini in a colander and toss with 1/2 tsp of salt. Let stand in sick for 10 minutes then wring dry with a clean towel.
- In a large bowl, gently mix zucchini, egg, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, onion powder, salt and pepper. After combined well, slowly add flour while stirring to keep from getting lumpy.
- Heat coconut oil or olive oil in a big pan over medium- high heat. Oil is ready when you add a small amount of zucchini mixture and it begins to sizzle.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of zucchini mixture into pan evenly spaced apart.
- Cook fritters on one side until golden brown (about 2 or 3 minutes). Flip them and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Transfer finished fritters to a plate and continue the process. You may need to add more oil to the pan as you cook more.
Instructions – Dip
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Scoop avocado into a small bowl and add dill, onion powder, vegenaise, and salt.
- Mash until smooth.