Red Curry Thai Noodle Soup
- 2 Tbsp avocado cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 13oz. can coconut milk
- 1 package yam noodles (2 if you love noodles)
- Prepare the vegetables for the soup and garnishes first. Mince the garlic and grate the ginger. Wash the bok choy well, then chop into one-inch strips, separating the fibrous stalks from the delicate green ends.
- Add the cooking oil to a large soup pot along with the minced garlic, grated ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and curry paste over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped bok choy stalks to the pot (save the leafy green ends for later) along with the chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, bring a small pot of water to a boil for the yam noodles. Once boiling, add the rinsed noodles and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles in a colander and set them aside.
- Add the coconut milk and noodles to the soup. Finally, add the bok choy greens and let them wilt in the hot soup.
- Then top with red onion, cilantro, a wedge of lime or avocado.
- ½ red onion
- 1 lime or Avacado
- Handful fresh cilantro