Peppery Hot Tuna Cakes
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee, divided
- 10 oz. canned albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 scallions (1/3 cup), sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced cilantro
- 1 1/3 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- 1/2 medium sized lemon finely zested
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- (optional) 3 lemons cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon of melted ghee to grease a 12 cup muffin tin (regular size).
- Mix tuna, scallions and cilantro into a large bowl.
- Then fold in the mashed sweet potato.
- Stir in lemon zest, jalapeno, the rest of the ghee (2 tablespoons), and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Gently mix with spatula or hands in order to keep tuna chunks from breaking up too much.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the tuna blend into the muffin tin and flatten with the spoon.
- Bake the tuna cakes for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick is clean after being inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Take cakes out of muffin tin and place on wire rack or wax paper to cool.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top (optional) and serve!