Acorn Squash Soup
*This will make 3-4 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste
- Cut Acorn Squash in 1/2 and scoop out seeds.
- Spread the coconut oil over the surface and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 425 degrees (medium size – about an hour).
- When cooled, scoop out all the squash from the skin. (Here’s where the VitaMix or other great blender works great).
- Add 2 Cups of Organic Vegetable Broth.
- Add 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk and blend well.
- Optional, add 1/2 an Avocado for creaminess and healthy fat. Blend well again.
- Add salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste. (I add and blend, and sprinkle on top).